Use “iwillrejoice” for a free shirt!
As followers of Christ, we should rejoice always, in good times and bad. Easier said than done, right? Fortunately, in Paul the Apostle we have a steadfast model for finding joy in times of great struggle through trust in Jesus.
In his mission to spread the Christian faith, Paul endured persecution, imprisonment, threats to his life and ultimately death. Yet, his writings are full of joy and rejoicing because of Christ’s promise of salvation.
So, the next time you are seeking joy in the face of challenge, try turning to Paul for a bit of inspiration:
- May you always be joyful in your union with the Lord. I say it again: rejoice! Show a gentle attitude toward everyone. The Lord is coming soon. – Philippians 4:4-9 (GNTD)
- Now that we are God’s friends, how much more will we be saved by Christ’s life! But that is not all; we rejoice because of what God has done through our Lord Jesus Christ, who has now made us God’s friends. – Romans 5:10-11 (GNTD)
- Be joyful always, pray at all times, be thankful in all circumstances. This is what God wants from you in your life in union with Christ Jesus. – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (GNTD)
- May God, the source of hope, fill you with all joy and peace by means of your faith in him, so that your hope will continue to grow by the power of the Holy Spirit. – Romans 15:13 (GNTD)
- And with joy give thanks to the Father, who has made you fit to have your share of what God has reserved for his people in the kingdom of light. – Colossians 1:11-14 (GNTD)